The way that consumers interact with car dealerships have rapidly changed with evolving technology. Even the latest in dealer management systems are on the brink of becoming outdated in the world of digital disruption that we live in now.
The need for smart technology is a given when it comes to running a successful dealership that exceeds the expectations of today’s consumer. In this article, we take a look at some of the pros and cons for dealer management systems and what dealerships today can do to improve their processes.
The pros of dealer management systems
Before dealer management systems were introduced, dealerships often operated with several separate software. A DMS is a suite of bundled software that work together to support each area of the business. Every dealership benefits from a quality dealer management system that provides support for all departments.
Some of the pros of a DMS include:
- Inventory management that allow dealerships to manage and keep track of available vehicles on the lot.
- Service cycle support includes parts management and the ability to report where a vehicle is in the service cycle.
- Customer management provides the ability to look up customer information, pull leads, schedule appointments, and run credit reports efficiently.
With any DMS available on the market today, there is a lack of integration and collaboration between departments that ultimately supports the workflow.
The cons of dealer management systems
A DMS is integral to running a successful business, but what a dealer management system doesn’t do is:
- Eliminate bottlenecks in the service cycle
- Find holes in communication
- Improve workflow between departments
- Provide two-way communication between dealer and customer
- Offer one space for route sheets, quotes, job priority, SMS communication, and photos
How Workflow Solutions 360˚ supports existing DMS
Integrating an evolved Production Efficiency Platform like Workflow Solutions 360˚ supports any and all existing dealer management systems. Workflow 360˚ is not another DMS, but rather an adopted system that:
- Allows real-time reporting
- Acts as a birds-eye view to identify bottlenecks
- Improves workflow between departments
- Enhances two-way customer communication
By offering the above, dealers naturally see an increase in the efficiency of the service cycle as well as better customer retention that leads to increased revenue.
To experience the advantages that our clients enjoy from the use of our Production Efficiency Platform, get in touch with one of our knowledgable reps. We are ready to answer your questions and improve your processes!